This course is available for both local and overseas students
The BTEC Higher National Diploma in Computing provides opportunities for learners to apply their knowledge and practical skills in the workplace. Full-time learners have the opportunity to do this through formal work placements or their part-time employment experience.
The qualification prepares learners for employment in the computing sector and will be suitable for learners who have already decided that they wish to enter this area of work. Some adult learners may wish to make the commitment required by this qualification in order to enter a specialist area of employment in computing or progress into higher education. Other learners may want to extend the specialism that they followed on the BTEC Higher National Certificate programme. Progression from this qualification may well be into or within employment in the IT and computing sector where learners may work towards membership or study for professional body exams, such as the British Computer Society exams.
Learners studying on the BTEC Higher National Diploma will be able to progress to a number of roles in the IT and computing sectors. General specialist can enter system management, while ICT System Support specialists can install or manage IT networks. Learners following the Software Development endorsed title can enter the many jobs available in this area. The SFIA mapping in Annex B can guide you in the type of roles and job categories available. The BTEC Higher National Diploma will also enable learners to progress on to further study such as a degree or a Professional Development Qualification or vendor qualifications offered by Cisco and Microsoft.
- Computer Platforms
- Systems Analysis
- Programming Concepts
- Database Design Concepts
- Networking Concepts
- Personal Skills Development
- Information Systems
- Information Systems Project
- Networking Technology
- Networking Project
- Visual Programming
- Software Development Project
- Quality Systems
- Financial Systems
- Data Analysis and Design
- Management in IT
- MS Office Solution Development
- Multimedia Design and Authoring
- English& Mandarin (Additional Subject )
- Students are possible to take the Form 5 courses or Form 7 courses and register for HKCEE/HKALE at the same time.
- The courses will differentiate by full-time(2-3 years)course、part-time (3-5 years)course.
- Step by step courses' structure is able to show the graduate students are qualified for further studies.
Available for Foreign /Local students that have at least High School qualificaotin.
In additional applications must satisfied one of the following criteria:
- Satisfactory completion of the particular Diploma course offered by the institute; or
- Successfully completed High school graduates with passes in Use of English, and have pass the Institute entrance interview in which they should demonstrate enthusiasm and potential to succeed in the programme; or
- Obtained an equivalent qualification to the above; or
- Mature applicants of at least 21 years of age in the year when admission is sought, and with demonstrated ability and extensive experience in the relevant fields
Our school have Mac, PC, library, labor room, graphic room, lecture room,reference library corner, exhibition and so on.
All the instructors employed by the college are graduates from universities and other institutions with various degrees, diplomas and certificates. As well as their outstanding academic and professional qualification, they are very experienced in teaching or corporate training, either in Hong Kong or around the world.