||This course is available for local and overseas students
The BTEC Higher National Diploma in Performing Arts is designed for learners aged 16+ who wish to pursue a vocationally relevant qualification in the performing arts sector. The BTEC HND in Performing Arts covers a many areas of the Performing Arts industry. Students engage in a variety of learning experiences from strands including Acting, Dance, Musical Theatre, Costume, Makeup, Set Construction, Stage Design, Stage Management, Theatre Technology, Arts Management, Performance, Design, Technical and Production. Students also complete a large scale real-life project, and have many opportunities to present their creative work to the public.
- English and Mandarin Communication
- Historical Studies
- Contemporary Studies
- Small Business Management in the Arts
- Professional Practice
- Process and Production
- Project Realisation
and nine courses listed below (available according to semester scheduling)
- Acting Methods and Styles
- Movement for the Actor
- Voice and Speech
- Writing for Performance
- Theatre in Education
- Dance Theatre Styles
- Popular Entertainer
- Technical Production Skills
- Theatre Sound Operation
- Lighting Operation
- Stage Properties for Performance
- Stage Management
- Production Management
- Facilities Management
- Facilities Operations in the Arts
- Arts Marketing
- Students who complete the Diploma in Performing Arts course are eligible to directly enrol in this program. Students graduating from this program can apply to a variety of universities and colleges that accept the HND as equivalent to part of undergraduate study.The HKCAC can provide a list of tertiary institutes who welcome CAC graduates.
Students can enrol in the Higher National Diploma of Performing Arts after graduating from the Diploma in Performing Arts.
This course is available to both local and overseas students.This course is available full-time (2 years) and part-time (3-5 years).
Form Five graduates and above who have an interest in the performing arts are encouraged to apply. Preference is given to those students who successfully complete the Diploma in Performing Arts; however, prospective students with high skills in a performing arts discipline are encouraged to apply directly into the HND program.
For admission into this program applicants must obtain a pass in the Hong Kong Communication Art Center entrance interview. This interview determines the applicant suitability to demonstrate enthusiasm and potential to succeed in the program.Mature aged students of at least age 21 are welcome to apply. Demonstrated ability and previous experience can be considered in lieu of Form Five graduation.